New from Readex: The American Slavery Collection, 1820–1922
The American Slavery Collection, 1820–1922 is now available to trial from Readex. This digital edition of the American Antiquarian Society’s extraordinary holdings of slavery and abolition materials delivers more than 3,500 works published over the course of a century.
Long awaited in fully searchable form, The American Slavery Collection addresses every facet of American slavery – one of the most important and controversial topics in U.S. history. These diverse materials, all filmed in full-resolution colour, include books, pamphlets, graphic materials, and ephemera, featuring a large number of invaluable Southern imprints.
“Vast and invaluable ... a windfall for historians ...”
– Manisha Sinha, Professor of Afro-American Studies and History, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
“...extraordinarily practical ...exhilarating ...”
– Joycelyn Moody, Sue E. Denman Distinguished Chair in American Literature, University of Texas-San Antonio
“New opportunities for creative enquiry ...”
– Richard Bell, Associate Professor of History, University of Maryland
“Invaluable ... exposes a wide range of voices ...”
– Dawn Peterson, Assistant Professor of History, Emory University
“... will inspire a new generation of 19th-century scholars.”
– Radiclani Clytus, Assistant Professor of English and American Studies, Brown University
To request a 30-day institutional trial of The American Slavery Collection, please contact Bezi.